District Clerk's Office - Juror and Jury Information

The district clerk has a duty to keep the records of the district court safe and properly arranged. The district clerk must, among other things record the acts and proceedings of the district court, enter all judgments of the court under the direction of the judge, record all executions issued and the returns issued on the executions, administer child support payments, administer trust accounts for minors ordered by the courts keep an index of the parties to all suits filed in the court, and make reference to any judgment made in the case and keep an account of all funds collected by the office, including fines and fees, and determine the amount due to citizens who serve on a jury in district court.

PUBLIC NOTICE:      Bring entire summons with you to court .  You no longer need to mail the summons questionnaire or submit it online.  This is ONLY for district court summons only.

Jury Information:

Directions and Parking for the District Courts

Deferment Jury Trial Calendar is listed below.

If you receive a jury summons and have a conflict you are allowed to request deferment to another day. You may call the District Clerk's office and request to be deferred by phone at 830-221-1250 ext. 6029. You are only allowed one deferment per summons so be sure to select a date on which you are certain to appear.

Jury trials are open to the public for those wishing to attend and observe.

The District Clerk maintains the calendar of jury weeks for the District Courts. The County Clerk has the calendar for the County Courts at Law. Each J.P. keeps their calendar of jury weeks for their court. You must contact the clerk of the court for whom you are summonsed. The county web page has contact information for each Justice of the Peace office. The County Clerk may be reached at 830-221-1230.

If you need other assistance you are encouraged to contact the District Clerk's office at 830-221-1250 ext 6029 regarding your jury service no matter what court has sent you a summons. We will be glad to answer your questions regarding jury duty. Many common Jury questions have been answered for you on the Questions & Answers webpage provided by the District Clerk.


Anyone who has an inability to comprehend or communicate in the English language, or has a physical or mental impairment that makes it impossible or very difficult for the person to serve on a jury may request a permanent exemption.

When requesting a permanent exemption for medical reasons, a statement from your physician must accompany the Affidavit of Exemption.

Anyone over 70 years of age is eligible for permanent exemption.

The Affidavit of Exemption and all other forms are available on the District Clerk's On-Line Forms page.


For additional information, please contact the District Clerk's Office at 830-221-1250 ext 6029.

Juror Report to Court Schedule

District Clerk Main Page