Junction of Two Important Rivers, the Guadalupe and the Comal

River JunctionSite claimed May 8, 1718, for King of Spain by Gov. Martin de Alarcon, and used by priests and army units in traffic to East Texas.

In 1845, ferry here, run by Adolph von Wedemeyer, aided German immigrants settling Central Texas.

In 1860s this was site of brick kiln and tannery. (1968)

Marker Location: backyard of home located at 246 East Lincoln St. (private property), New Braunfels
Address: 246 E. Lincoln Street
Marker #: 5091006117
Year Dedicated: 1968
Size, type: 14" x 24"
Decimal degrees: N 29.705130 W -98.113978
Degrees, minutes: N 29 42.308 W 098 06.839
UTM: Zone 14, Easting 585708, Northing 3286440

Application Notes

Comal County Historical Commission