Original Gruene Mercantile
In addition to providing food, clothing, household goods and farm implements, the store was a stage stop and a post office. It was also used as a distribution point for H. D. Gruene's distillery, selling his Green River brand whiskey.
The wooden building was removed to site in 1904 when a new two-story red brick mercantile structure was erected on the original site across the street.
Marker Location: Gruene Historic District, New Braunfels