Despite frequent floods, use of the crossing increased during the years (1875-1906). Spring Branch postmaster Hans (Von) Specht maintained the post office in his hilltop home overlooking the crossing. Thereafter known as Specht's Crossing, it was later used by automobile travelers until replaced by a low water bridge in 1920.
In 1934 a new bridge was constructed by the Civil Works Administration. (1993)
Marker Location: just west of bridge over Spring Branch 4.5 mi. west of Spring Branch community on county road