The Hofheinz House
The Hofheinz House. German Native Frederick Hofheinz came to the New Braunfels area with his family in 1852.
He later settled In Kendall County and wed Emilie Wilke. He served as Grand Lodge president of the Texas Sons Of Hermann and ran for Texas lieutenant governor before moving to New Braunfels In 1905.The couple built this home the next year.
Converted to apartments during World War II, the house was also owned by Charles Knibbe and Bruno and Elizabeth Schoenfeld. It retains much of its original Queen Anne detailing, including a central tower above a porch accented with spindled friezework.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 2002