August Dietz Cottage  

     August Dietz came to Texas in 1849 as a German immigrant, and settled in New Braunfels. On Sept. 1, 1866, he bought this lot, soon built this cottage, and sold it on Dec. 2, 1867.

     At first a two room structure, the building was later enlarged. Its mortared rock walls are 20 inches thick. The beaded ceiling, the plain board ceiling, the window glass and casements, and front door are all original.

     House and additions were restored in 1973 by William J. Kolodzie.** Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1974***

Click on the photos for full size view

 
 
Copyright 2020 - All Rights Reserved - Comal County, Texas