Church Hill School  

     St. Martin's Evangelical Lutheran pastors held day school in the church for years. In 1870 this schoolhouse was built. It served the Hortontown and Neighborsville farm communities, situated on either side of the Church Hill Road. After 1879, lay teachers were in charge, classes used both German and English.

     The public school system used this building after 1958; in 1975 it was given to New Braunfels Conservation Society for use as a school museum.

     Recorded Texas Historic Landmark -1976


Click on the photos for full size view

Copyright 2021 - All Rights Reserved - Comal County, Texas