Eggeling Hotel  

     Emilie (Kuse) (1854-1930) and Theodor Eggeling (1851-1916), who owned the nearby Plaza Hotel, built this second establishment in 1898-1900.

     New Braunfels contractor Christian Herry supervised building. Later renamed the Comal Hotel, the business was operated by members of the Eggeling family for over 50 years.

     The hotel dining room was popular with townspeople as well as overnight guests.

     Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1979

Click on the photos for full size view

Copyright 2021 - All Rights Reserved - Comal County, Texas