Hinmann House  

This home's architecture reflects the German influence of many of the areas early structures.  Heinrich Hinmann purchased the property in July 1855, and he and his wife Terese raised ten children here.

The home dates form circa 1868 and remained a family residence for more than a century, although Dr. A.J. Hinmann converted interior spaces for his medical practice in the 1920's.

The two-story house is built of load-bearing masonry with low-sloping roof.  Hand-tooled limestone blocks form regular courses and heavy lintels and sills, and square wood columns support a galley porch with geometric design railings.

Recorded Texas historic landmark in 2008.

Click on the photos for full size view

 
 

Copyright 2020 - All Rights Reserved - Comal County, Texas