Johann Michael Jahn Building  

Johann Michael Jahn (1816-1883) came to New Braunfels in 1845 as a colonist with the German Emigration Company.

He married Anna Klein Bellmer in 1850. A "Tischlermeister" or master craftsman, Jahn established a business making fine hand-crafted furniture.

Active in civic affairs, he was elected one of the first alderman of the city.

After Jahn's death, his son and grandson operated the business, and built this building in 1910.

The company continued until the 1930s. Jahn's works have been displayed locally and at the Witte Museum in San Antonio. (1997)


Marker Location: 494 South Seguin, New Braunfels

Historical Marker Information During Application (abbreviated)


Click on the photos for full size view


Copyright 2021 - All Rights Reserved - Comal County, Texas