Joseph Klein House  

One of the German immigrants who arrived in New Braunfels in 1845, Joseph Klein built this simple frame house about 1852. Origianally it stood at the corner of San Antonio and Market Streets.

In 1859 Klein sold the property to William Kuse, a shoemaker who kept his shop in part of the house. The structure was moved here to the back of the lot in 1898, when Kuse's daughter Emilie (1854-1903) and her husband Theodor Eggeling (1851-1916) built the Eggeling Hotel.

Recorded Texas Historic Landmark -1979

Click on the photos for full size view

Copyright 2021 - All Rights Reserved - Comal County, Texas