Justice of the Peace #2 - Jury Information


Once you receive your Jury Summons Card, you MUST fill it out and mail the card or submit the card on-line

Report to JP#2 the morning of your summons at 9:30. You must call or visit our website on the DAY before your scheduled service to determine if you need to appear. Driving Directions

Please note- you will not be asked for your social security number when filling out your jury summons card. This is also true if a court clerk contacts you about your jury duty.  You can always call 830-387-7600 and verify if you have been called for jury duty. See information about Jury Summons Scams

Deferment of jury duty – If you received a jury summons and have a conflict, under certain circumstances you may be eligible to reschedule your jury duty.   Deferments are subject to the needs of the court.  To request a deferment you must contact our office either by calling 830-387-7600 or by sending an email request to the jury clerk.

When requesting a deferment online please list the following information in your email.

  • Your name exactly as it appears on your summons
  • Summons Number
  • What date you are summoned to serve
  • If there is any incorrect information on your summons, please note what information needs to be corrected.

Temporary exemptions or disqualifications: Please refer to your summons card and select the General Qualification that you do not meet or the exemption you wish to claim. Make sure you have the top of the card filled out as well and that you provide a working phone number where we can contact you if we have any questions.

Permanent Exemptions: If you wish to claim a permanent exemption you must complete this form Juror's Affidavit of Exemption. Print the form out, complete it and sign it, then mail it back to the court that summoned you. If you are requesting the permanent exemption based on medical reasons (either physical or mental) you must have your doctor verify your permanent inability to be on a jury, on his/her own office letterhead and send it in with your form.

JP2 Main Page