JP #2 Pay Tickets & Citation Options
1. This information is furnished as a courtesy to you by the Justice court of Comal County, Texas, to assist you in making disposition of the charge(s) filed against you. Your signature is a legal commitment to appear before the Judge. Your reply may be done completely by mail, using this letter. You need to respond before your due date on the citation.
2. IF YOU WISH TO ENTER A PLEA OF GUILTY OR NOLO CONTENDERE, please so indicate below in the proper space provided. A plea of Nolo Contendere means that you do not contest the state's charge(s) against you. The fine for a Nolo Contendere plea is the same as that for a plea of Guilty. Either plea indicates that you agree to waive appearances before the Court for trial.
3. You must refer to the schedule provided to you by the officer to determine the total amount of your Fine(s) and cost assessed against you. If you lost the fine and cost schedule please call our office to obtain the correct amount. Make your remittance by Cashier's Check or Money Order to the Justice Court Pct. 2. Return your copy of the citation and this letter with your remittance to assure proper credit.
4. IF YOU WISH TO ENTER A PLEA OF NOT GUILTY you must enter your plea in writing. You will receive a court notice to appear at a later date.
5. IF YOU FAIL TO RESPOND TO THE CHARGE(S) BY THE APPEARANCE DATE SHOWN ON THE CITATION, AN ADDITIONAL CHARGE WILL BE FILED AGAINST YOU FOR FAILURE TO APPEAR AND A WARRANT ISSUED FOR YOUR ARREST.
- THE WARRANT WILL BE ENTERED IN A STATEWIDE COMPUTER. YOU WILL BE SUBJECT TO IMMEDIATE ARREST, AND IT MAY PREVENT A RENEWAL OF YOUR DRIVERS LICENSE.
- A CONVICTION OF AN OFFENSE UNDER A TRAFFIC LAW OF THIS STATE OR A POLITICAL SUBDIVISION OF THIS STATE MAY RESULT IN THE ASSESSMENT ON YOUR DRIVER'S LICENSE OF A SURCHARGE UNDER THE DRIVER RESPONSIBILITY PROGRAM.
YOUR PROMPT ATTENTION TO THIS MATTER WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.
IMPORTANT: Any requests for action on your case will not be processed by the Court until ALL requirements have been submitted to process that request. This means that any appearance/court dates, due dates, warrants, or any other status, will remain in effect until all requirements are received.
First, you must fill out the citation reply form. This form also allows you to request a Drivers Safety Course. Once this is done, call the office for the correct amount and reference number. You will also need the office bureau code# 3335284.
- Then you can PAY ONLINE,
- in person, or by mail: 30470 Cougar Bend, Bulverde, Texas 78163 .
The court accepts Visa/Mastercard, cash, money orders, and cashier's checks. We do not accept personal checks. If you are unable to pay in full within 30 days, other payment options may be available HERE.
Drivers Safety Course:
Completing a Driving Safety Course will give you the opportunity to have your moving violation dismissed and would not result in a conviction being reported on your driving record. You can review the conditions and applicability by clicking HERE for information and Online Application or print the application and mail/hand deliver.
Completing a Deferred Disposition can give you the opportunity to have your violation dismissed in certain instances and for specific violations. You can review those options by clicking HERE.
Payment Plans, Extensions, or Community Service:
If you are unable to pay your fine/costs in full within 30 days, you may submit a request for a payment plan. Any other arrangements to satisfy the fine/costs, require that you submit a written request for the Judge to review or that you appear in court in front of the Judge.