Justice of the Peace #4 Drivers Safety Course
You may be able to require that your traffic citation be dismissed by successfully completing a driving safety course or a motorcycle operator-training course. You are not allowed to take Defensive Driving if you are ticketed for passing a school bus. You will lose that right, if on or before your appearance date you do not provide the court with notice of your request to take the course. Please complete the following affidavit and mail it to the Court along with proof of insurance and driver’s license.
Additional Required Information:
- I have not taken a Driver Safety Course within the last 12-month period. It must have been a complete 12 months.
- I am not in the process of taking a Drivers Safety Course for another ticket in another Court.
- My ticket did not involve passing a school bus.
You must provide the Court with:
- Green Ticket or Copy of Ticket
- A copy of your VALID TEXAS Driver’s License and a copy of YOUR LIABILITY INSURANCE
- Pay $147.00 (Non-Refundable court cost and administrative fee in the form of a money order or cashier’s check payable to JUSTICE OF THE PEACE, PCT. FOUR
- A copy of your driver’s record. Request form at DPS Licensee Drivers Records within 30 days.
- Cannot be going 95 MPH or more; or 25 mph or more over the posted speed limit.
- If you hold a Commercial Drivers License (Regardless if the violation occurred in your private vehicle)
- Ticketed for passing a school bus
Printable Driver Safety Course Request Form
Make Online Payments (You need this code: 4997221)
If you pay your fee online, you MUST provide the court with the request form, proof of liability insurance, and a copy of your driver's license.