Justice of the Peace #4 Forms

Justice Court Civil Case Information Sheet (MUST BE FILED WITH EACH PETITION)

A civil case information sheet must be completed and submitted when an original petition is filed to initiate a new suit. The information should be the best available at the time of filing. This sheet, required by Rule of Civil Procedure 502, is intended to collect information that will be used for statistical purposes only. It neither replaces nor supplements the filings or service of pleading or other documents as required by law or rule. The sheet does not constitute a discovery request, response, or supplementation, and it is not admissible at trial.


PETITION: Debt Claim Case

Hot Check Complaint and Affidavit

PETITION: Small Claims Case

PETITION: Eviction Case

PETITION: Repair & Remedy


Statement of Inability to Afford Court Costs

Plaintiff Forms:

Defendant Forms:


Justice Courts are now included on issuing an occupation license (Transportation Code 521.242)- HB 438

*Will not include people who have lost their license due to a physical or mental disability or driving while intoxicated.

*A person must file a verified petition with the clerk in the county or precinct where they reside or where the offense occurred that resulted in the suspension

*May not be granted for operation of CMV to which Chapter 522 applies

*In order to get an ODL, petitioner must be current on surcharges or installment agreements with state and present proof at hearing of “essential need” and proof of compliance with CH.601- SR 22(financial responsibility)

*Petitioner must bring from their employer a letter on company letterhead that clarifies days and hours scheduled.

*Petitioner must bring certified abstract driving record (link below)

*The court shall send a certified copy of the petition and the court order setting out the Judge’s findings and restrictions to the department (Department of Public Safety)

* The person may use a copy of the order as a restricted license until the 31st day after the date on which the order takes effect

*You must use the petition for this court provided below.

Occupational Filing Fee: $46.00 as of January 1, 2020
Petition: for Occupational Driver's License

For more information on Occupational Driver License visit

For certified Abstract driving record (Type AR) visit

JP4 Home Page