Comal County Public Information Requests

Please read this before filing a public information request:

What are you looking for?

Police records, arrest or accident reports, jailing​, 911 calls

Contact the law enforcement agency that made the arrest or took the report: Comal County Sheriff’s Office, New Braunfels Police Department, Bulverde Police Department or Garden Ridge Police Department. Information on prisoners in the county jail is available through our records search.

Court records (divorces, probate, child custody/family case records, criminal cases, traffic tickets, lawsuits)

Civil and criminal records are available through our records search.

Official public records and vital statistics (business registrations including DBAs/assumed names, deeds, foreclosures, liens, marriage licenses, birth certificates, beer and wine applications, all other vital records)

Contact the County Clerk’s Office.

Taxes (vehicle registration, property tax information/statements)

Contact the Tax Assessor-Collector’s Office.​

Environmental health records; subdivision, driveway and floodplain permits

Contact the County Engineer's Office

If you're unsure which department to submit a public information request to, email


Cary Zayas
Public Information Officer
830-221-1110 |
100 Main Plaza
New Braunfels, Texas 78130


Comal County PIO Main Webpage