Comal County Public Health ImmTrac

Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) offers the Texas Immunization Registry at no cost to all Texans. The registry is secure and confidential, and safely consolidates and stores immunization records from multiple sources in one centralized system.

Texas law requires written consent by individuals to participate in the registry. Access to the registry records is for those who have authorization. Authorized organizations include health care providers, schools, and public health departments. The registry is part of our initiative to increase vaccine coverage across Texas.


How do i enroll my child/myself/my family in immtrac2?

To register children 17 years and younger, parents must consent. Consent is required one time and is valid until your child turns 18. People 18 years and older must complete an adult consent form.

Download the correct form. Everyone needs their own form. All forms are online in Forms and Documents

Complete the form and submit with a complete record of immunizations to:

  • any local health care providr registered with ImmTrac2;
  • a local health department; or
  • the DSHS Immunization Unit


Texas Department of State Health Services
Immunization Unit -- ImmTrac Group
MC 1947, PO Box 149347
Austin, TX 78714-9347


(512) 776-7790 (Austin)
(866) 624-0180 (Toll-Free)

Or you can contact:

Comal County ImmTrac Outreach Specialist:

Beatrice Urias

Krystle Garcia

Or call them at: (830) 221-1150 To register your child for ImmTrac participation, you must grant consent in writing. Consent is only required one time and is valid until your child turns 18.


To register, you may also:

What Should I Know About Immunizations

1. Where can I get a copy of shot record?

If you have consented for your child's immunization records to be sent to ImmTrac, the Texas Immunization Registry, call 800.252.9152 or your local health department to get a copy of your child's record. If you did not give consent, you will have to contact either your private physician or the local city/county health clinic where your child received the immunizations. Immunization records are NOT available to view online by parents/legal guardian.

 2. Where can I get vaccinations (either at a lower cost or free)?

You can check with your city and/or county health department for information on where you can take your child to get immunizations, or you can call 2-1-1 Texas. 2-1-1 Texas is a three digit toll free number that provides information on health and social services for your area. You may also call us toll free at: 1.800.252.9152 or e-mail. Please, provide your zip code, as well as the city, in your email and we'll give you the closest clinics in your area.

3. When should someone get their immunizations and what immunizations do they need to have?

Every year the Recommended Immunization Schedule is distributed. You can view the chart for the Recommended Childhood Immunization Schedule. You can also read important information by visiting the Vaccination Information Statements chart and clicking on the type of vaccine (English and Spanish).  Immunization Schedule for children, preteens, teens, and adults.

Public Health Home Page