Comal County Veterans Services Office (CVSO) is now accepting Restorative Dental, Food Assistance, and Utility Assistance Grant Applications for the 2023-24 program year. This program is available to Comal County Veterans, Veteran Spouses, and Surviving Spouses. Applications are accepted now through May 31, 2024, for the current program year. Applications for the 2024-25 program year will resume July 01, 2024

Under the “What We Need” section is a list of required documents to start your application process. And below is a link to our application. We are here to help and look forward to serving you.

restorative dental

The Restorative Dental assistance grant covers dental implants, full and partial dentures, fillings, crowns, bridges, root canal, and tooth extractions for Veterans with a 0% - 90% VA Disability Rating. Additionally, Veteran applicants will not need to worry about finding a dentist because our organization has a list of participating providers. If you are a Veteran or Family Member, give our office a call to discuss your options and services.

food assistance

Our Food Assistance grant helps Veterans, Veteran Spouses, and Surviving Spouses that reside in Comal County purchase groceries to reduce food insecurity for Veterans and their Family Members who served our country. CVSO food grant helps Veterans stretch their budgets because the money they would use on food can go towards other needs like medical bills, utilities, rent, or other unforecasted emergencies. Give our office a call to learn more.

utility assistance

The Utility Assistance grant is designed to help Veterans and their Family Members meet a safety element need. Allowable utilities include electric, water, gas, Internet, and cell phone. Veterans that reside in Comal County who experience temporary hardship with a utility may be eligible for financial relief and avert utilities being disconnected. If you have a past due, overdue, or delinquent utility bill our office may be able to assist you. Additionally, if your household uses propane, you may be eligible for up to 125 gallons. Contact our office if you would like to know more.

What we need

Here’s what a completed application includes:

  • A copy of your DD214, DD218, or NGB22.
  • A copy of your last employment paycheck stub.
  • Verification of your VA Disability Compensation.
  • Verification of any other sources of income for all adult household members 18 years of age and older.
  • A copy of your most recent 30-day bank stating for checking and savings accounts for all adult households’ members 18 years of age and older.
  • A copy of your marriage certificate (if you are applying for Food or Utility Assistance).
  • A copy of each household member birth certificate under the age of 18 years (if you are applying for Food or Utility Assistance.
  • A copy of the deceased Veterans' death certificate for Surviving Spouses.
  • The original utility bill (if applying for Utility Assistance).


Other information

Application packets can be returned to Comal County Veterans Service Office in person at 1297 Church Hill Drive, Suite 209, New Braunfels, TX 78130. You may also return your completed application packet by sending it to culbrs@co.comal.tx.us in one PDF file. Please note that a telephone interview may be required for all application packets.

For additional information please contact Veterans Service Office of Comal County at 830-221-1170, extension 1183.

Download Application Here:CVSO Grant Application 2023-24


Veteran's Services Home Pages