Veteran's Services UTILITY ASSITANCE PROGRAM
UTILITY ASSITANCE PROGRAM
Taking Applications Now through 1 May 2024
Veterans Service Office of Comal County is now taking Utility Assistance Applications from Veterans, Veterans' Spouses, and Surviving Spouses. Allowable utility services include:
- Cell Phone (for primary user only). The total monthly cost for the primary user phone service includes:
- Device monthly payment
- Talk, text, and data service
- Company fee & surcharges, and
- Government fees & taxes
- Propone (125 gallon maximum)
Utility payments for electric, water, gas, garbage, Internet, and cell phone service (also includes connection & re-connection fees, late fees, and payments in arrears), cannot exceed an average of a 3-month time period per beneficiary household. Please return your application package to Comal County Veterans Service Office at 1297 Church Hill Drive, Suite 209, New Braunfels, TX 78130.
- 1.A completed application packet that includes:
- VSO Application
- A signed payment agreement
- A statement from your utility company with an aggregated six-month period for your average utility bill cost.
- A copy of your DD-214, DD-215, or NGB-22
- All Veteran Spouse must submit a copy of the marriage certificate.
- Surviving Spouses must submit a marriage certificate or death certificate.
- A copy of most recent 30-day bank statement, and
- We must receive your Pre-Utility Service Feedback Survey. Link:https://forms.office.com/g/fd12ZfpU4m.
You may also return your completed application packet by sending it to email@example.com in a PDF format. This program is supported by a grant from the Texas Veterans Commission Fund for Veterans’ Assistance. The Fund for Veterans Assistance provides grants to organizations serving veterans and their families. For more information, visit www.TVC.Texas.gov.