Taking Applications Now through 1 May 2024

Veterans Service Office of Comal County is now taking Utility Assistance Applications from Veterans, Veterans' Spouses, and Surviving Spouses. Allowable utility services include:

  • Electric
  • Water
  • Gas
  • Garbage
  • Internet
  • Cell Phone (for primary user only). The total monthly cost for the primary user phone service includes:
    • Device monthly payment
    • Insurance
    • Talk, text, and data service
    • Company fee & surcharges, and
    • Government fees & taxes
  • Propone (125 gallon maximum)

Utility payments for electric, water, gas, garbage, Internet, and cell phone service (also includes connection & re-connection fees, late fees, and payments in arrears), cannot exceed an average of a 3-month time period per beneficiary household. Please return your application package to Comal County Veterans Service Office at 1297 Church Hill Drive, Suite 209, New Braunfels, TX 78130.

  1. 1.A completed application packet that includes:
    1. VSO Application
    2. A signed payment agreement
    3. A statement from your utility company with an aggregated six-month period for your average utility bill cost.
    4. A copy of your DD-214, DD-215, or NGB-22
    5. All Veteran Spouse must submit a copy of the marriage certificate.
    6. Surviving Spouses must submit a marriage certificate or death certificate.
    7. A copy of most recent 30-day bank statement, and
    8. We must receive your Pre-Utility Service Feedback Survey. Link:

You may also return your completed application packet by sending it to in a PDF format. This program is supported by a grant from the Texas Veterans Commission Fund for Veterans’ Assistance. The Fund for Veterans Assistance provides grants to organizations serving veterans and their families. For more information, visit

Veteran's Services Home Pages