Justice of the Peace #2 - Forms

Online Forms:

Small Claim Petition

Debt Claim Petition

Eviction Petition

Occupational Driver's License Petition

Citation Reply Form and Defensive Driving Request

Application for Time Payment, Extensions, or Community Service


PDF Forms:

Small Claims Petition

Debt Claim Petition

Eviction Petition

Occupational License Petition

Affidavit of Indigence (Criminal)

Statement of Inability to Afford Payment of Court Costs or an Appeal Bond Printable PDF (Civil)

Repair and Remedy Petition


Deferred Disposition Request for Citation

Non Military Affidavit


Justice Courts are now included on issuing an occupation license (Transportation Code 521.242)- HB 438

Will not include people who have lost their license due to a physical or mental disability or driving while intoxicated.

*A person must file a verified petition with the clerk in the county or precinct where they reside or where the offense occurred that resulted in the suspension *May not be granted for operation of CMV to which Chapter 522 applies

*In order to get an ODL, petitioner must be current on surcharges or installment agreements with state and present proof at hearing of “essential need” and also proof of compliance with CH.601- SR 22(financial responsibility)

*The court shall send a certified copy of the petition and the court order setting out the Judge’s findings and restrictions to the department (Department of Public Safety)

* The person may use a copy of the order as a restricted license until the 31st day after the date on which the order takes effect

JP2 Main Page