Frequently Asked Questions
Here, Comal County has provided answers to your most frequently asked questions about taxation. Please refer to the corresponding topics below for answers to your questions.
If you do not find answers to your questions in these pages, please contact our office.
What is a Tax Assessor-Collector?
The tax assessor-collector calculates property tax rates for the county, collects taxes for the county (and sometimes for additional local taxing entities) and collects various other fees for the state and county.
What Does a Tax Assessor-Collector Do in Comal County?
A tax assessor-collector in Texas has the following duties:
- Calculates property tax rates for the county
- Collects property taxes for the county
- May collect taxes for cities, schools and other local taxing entities
- Processes motor vehicle title transfers
- Issues motor vehicle registration and licenses
- May process boat titles and registrations
- Collects various other fees for the state and county