Property Questions & Answers

Where can I pay my property taxes?

You can pay property taxes at 205 N. Seguin Ave. in New Braunfels, at 160 Oak Dr. in Sattler, at 30470 Cougar Bend in Bulverde or mail your payment to: Comal County Tax Assessor-Collector, P.O. Box 659480, San Antonio, TX 78265-9480. Please enclose a copy of your statement with your payment and write the Property ID Number(s) on your check.

If I can't pay my taxes in full, do I have options?

Yes! Call the Tax Office to learn more about the following options:

  1. Making partial payments,
  2. Quarter payments in four equal installments for an individual who is:
    disabled or at least 65 years of age; and qualified for an exemption under Section 11.13(c); or an individual who is qualified for an exemption under Section 11.22.

How do I access my balance and/or receipt for property tax payments?

You can view your property taxes as well as tax history by clicking here and selecting "Accept".

Can the delinquent tax attorney sell my property for delinquent taxes?

Yes, it is possible for property to be sold for delinquent taxes. A lawsuit for tax lien foreclosure can be filed with the District Clerk's office and a judgment subsequently granted by the court. The Delinquent Tax Attorney, with approval from the Comal County Tax Office, can then proceed with tax sale procedures.

Can I pay my current taxes first, instead of my delinquent taxes?

Yes. Please indicate on your check the tax year you wish to apply your money towards.

Can I make monthly payments on my current or delinquent taxes?

We can set up a monthly installment agreement for payment of delinquent taxes only after they have become delinquent (February 1st). If you wish to pay monthly on taxes before they become delinquent, you may do so between October 1st and January 31st. However, we do not set up any type of agreement for current taxes. If you wish to pre-pay your taxes before the tax statements are mailed, you may do so by way of an escrow agreement, which is based on estimated taxes for the upcoming year.

When are the statements mailed out and when are the taxes due?

Statements are mailed out in October each year. If you have not received your statement by mid-November, it is your responsibility to notify us so that we can send out another statement. Taxes are due upon receipt of the statement and become delinquent on February 1st of the year following the year the statements were mailed.

I no longer have an escrow account with my mortgage company. How do I make sure I receive the tax statement?

If the mortgage company requests the statement, you will not receive a tax statement. Contact our office to request another statement be mailed directly to you.

Why do I have to pay penalties and interest when I never received a bill?

It is not necessary to receive a bill in order to pay your taxes. It is your responsibility as the property owner to ensure you receive a tax statement and that the taxes are paid on time. Taxes are due on or before January 31st of every year. If you have not received your statement by mid-November, it is your responsibility to notify us so that we can send out another statement.

I received a bill for personal property taxes, but I do not own any real estate. I lease property for my business, shouldn’t the property owner pay for these taxes?

All businesses are taxed on their personal property, such as furniture, fixtures, inventory, machinery, equipment, etc. The statement you received is for your business personal property and not for the real estate. The real estate is taxed separately and the statement is sent directly to the property owner.

How did you arrive at the appraised value for my property?

Please contact your Appraisal District with questions concerning value. Placing a taxable value on property is not a function of the Comal County Tax Assessor-Collector.

I do not own the property for the statement I received. What should I do with this statement?

Please return the statement to this office with a note.

The name and address on this statement are incorrect. How do I get it changed?

Your Appraisal District is responsible for determining the ownership of each property. Please contact your local Appraisal District.

Why are my taxes higher this year than they were last year?

The appraised value as set by your Appraisal District may be more than it was last year, and /or the Tax rate may have increased over last year. The taxable value and the tax rates of the taxing jurisdictions are listed on your statement.

My Appraisal District has adjusted the value of my property. When will I receive another statement?

You will receive a revised statement once this office receives the adjustment from your Appraisal District.

Where can I find state tax information about paying my taxes?

The Texas Comptrollers Office of Public Accounts has a web page with this information. Paying Your Taxes link.

Tax Office Main Page