The property up for sale is listed as SHERIFF'S SALE and SHERIFF'S RESALE PROPERTY. The following rules apply to both SHERIFF'S SALE property and SHERIFF'S RESALE PROPERTY unless otherwise indicated in paragraph (8).
NOTE: YOU MUST CAREFULLY READ THIS INFORMATION AND EVALUATE THESE FACTS IN LIGHT OF YOUR ANTICIPATED USE OF THE PROPERTY. ANY PROPERTY MAY BE WITHDRAWN FROM THE SALE AT ANY TIME PRIOR TO THE SALE OR DURING THE SALE WITHOUT NOTIFICATION TO PROSPECTIVE PURCHASERS.
****Online Property Tax Sales Beginning August 3, 2021.*****
- To Bid - YOU MUST REGISTER BY 5 PM AUGUST 2, 2021
- REGISTER ONLINE AT MVBATAXSALES.COM/REGISTER.
- For more information, contact MVBA (830) 221-1351
- ONLINE TAX SALES RULES
VIEW TAX SALE PROPERTIES BELOW- (List typically available 2 weeks before the tax sale).
AUGUST 3, 2021
*This date will be an active link when the information is available.
Tax Sales will now be held on the first floor in the historic Comal County Courthouse.
1. The property will be sold at public auction to the highest bidder, based on oral bids. The rules covering auctions generally will apply. Purchasers must pay for their property as follows:
- Payment must be made at the Sheriff's Department located at 3005 W. San Antonio Street, New Braunfels, Texas. The Sheriff's Department will begin accepting payments 1 hour following the conclusion of the sale, and payment must be made before 3:00 P.M on the day of the sale.
- The Sheriff's Department will accept payment by cashier's check or money orders
- Purchasers of more than one property must pay for each individual property with a separate cashier's check or money order.
- Cashier's checks or money orders must be payable to Comal County Sheriff's Department.
2. The amount of the opening bid is set out below each tract on the list provided by the Delinquent Tax Attorney. The bidding must start at that figure or higher. Bids less than the given figure will not be accepted (except as specified in paragraph 8). Any successful bidder who fails to make a payment shall be held liable for twenty percent of the value of the property plus costs incurred as a result of the bidder's default pursuant to Rule 652 of the Texas Rules of Civil Procedure.
3. Purchasers at the tax foreclosure sale will receive a sheriff's deed, which is without warranty, express or implied (except as specified in paragraph 8). A policy of title insurance may be difficult to obtain.
4. All property purchased at this sale is subject to a statutory right of redemption. This redemption period commences to run from the date the purchaser's deed is filed for record in the County Clerk's office. Purchasers have the right of possession during the redemption period. There is a two year right of redemption for homestead property and property appraised as agricultural land. There is a 180 day right of redemption for all their property. COMAL COUNTY MAKES NO REPRESENTATION AS TO WHICH REDEMPTION PERIOD APPLIES TO ANY PROPERTY OFFERED AT THIS SALE.
5. Persons having an ownership interest in the property at the time of this sale may have a right to redeem the property from the purchaser during the redemption period pursuant to Section 34.21 of the Texas Property Tax Code. The redemption price is set by the Texas Property Tax Code.
6. Property is sold by legal description. It is necessary that bidders satisfy themselves concerning the condition, status and location of the property on the ground prior to the sale. Property is sold "AS IS" with all faults. Deeds, maps and plats of these properties may be on file in the office of the County Clerk or the Appraisal District. All papers in the lawsuit(s) on which this sale is based are on file in the office of the District Clerk. The District Court Cause Numbers are listed beside each property on the listing provided by the Delinquent Tax Attorney Office. The appropriate property addresses are furnished as a convenience to Prospective purchasers and may not be completely accurate.
7. A bidder at the sale may be required to register with the person conducting the sale and present a form of identification issued by a government agency (i.e., Driver's License).
8. The properties listed as SHERIFF'S RESALE PROPERTY have been previously offered for sale by the Sheriff and were struck off to the County of Comal, Trustee. The County of Comal, Trustee has requested the Sheriff of Comal County to conduct a SHERIFF's RESALE pursuant to 34.05 of the Texas Property Tax Code. Purchasers of SHERIFF's RESALE PROPERTY must pay for the property in the manner stated in paragraph 1. The amount of the opening bid is set out below each tract. A bid less than the amount of the opening bid may be accepted. Purchasers will receive a Deed Without Warranty form County of Comal, Trustee and the Sheriff
If you have questions or need additional information, you may contact the Law Offices of McCreary, Veselka, Bragg & Allen, P.C. in Round Rock at 512-323-3200 or the Tax Office.